Thursday 17 October 2013

On a trip with Mr Darcy and Mr Collins.

My prints and ceramics have been invited to be part of an exhibition at an amazing house. 

I have been in many National Trust and English Heritage ones, but this one took my breath away. Or maybe it's because we have been for months looking at houses and I'm in Buying-House-mode that at the exit I nearly made an offer. Lovely house. Thanks Caroline for organizing this, it was lovely to meet you.

So, from the 2nd of November to the 16th of February I will be exhibiting along with other artists and loads of other events to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice. The BBC version of the was filmed in Lyme Park, you see? This was Mr Darcy's Pemberley.


There will be Regency carriage rides, Regency treats, Regency re-enactment of a regiment battle, Regency talks, Regency costumes and even a Regency ball, I think! 
Anyway, just going to see the house will be a monstrous treat, the State extends for miles and as you enter the Park you can see buildings scattered here and there and deer if you are lucky. Then the house is run by very friendly volunteers who are happy to tell you all the stories in every room, all the gossip about the ghosts in residence, etc.

Out in the garden you then will be greeted by a giant Mr Darcy coming out of the lake.






I shall go back, I decided. On my way to the B&B I found out I was in the Peak District, silly me. The scenery was wonderful. I was so sad that I was staying just one night. I highly commend to stay in Harrop Fold Farm. Great breakfast, great room. Great surroundings. Thanks Sue, and thanks again Caroline for recommending it.


No comments: